If you setup a Kwilt account via the Kwilt App and you are now not seeing your drive OR you are getting an error saying "Insert USB drive' when attempting to start a copy transfer then you are in the right spot.
- Your Kwilt device is powered on and displaying a light.
- Your hard drive is plugged into a USB port in the back of the Kwilt (not the input USB port with the yellow line around it, that's for copying into the Kwilt).
- Your hard drive is spinning and showing signs of life.
- You have completed the setup on the Kwilt app.
Then take the following steps:
- Plug your hard drive into your computer and run first aid/disk check and simultaneously confirm your hard drive is in one of the compatible formats. See 'Compatible hard drive formats & ideal drive setup for Kwilt'.
- Once you've confirmed the drive is in the right format and has no issues, safely eject it from the computer. Power cycle the Kwilt device by unplugging it for 60 seconds at which point you will plug in the hard drive and then plugging power back in, wait 5 minutes once plugged in.
- After 5 minutes, launch Kwilt app and see if your device is being recognized.
- If it is still not being seen, we must check to see if it's an issue with the USB port. Unplug your hard drive and plug in the USB stick provided with the Kwilt or any USB stick in the same USB port.
- Launch the Kwilt app and see if the device is being recognized, if it is: unplug it and plug your hard drive back into that port. If not repeat step 4 but this time try a different USB port.
- If the USB stick and Hard Drive are still not being recognized, please reach out to our Support team.