It is important to properly eject a hard drive before disconnecting the USB cable, similar to a hard drive being connected and mounted to your computer. Doing this will help avoid any unwanted data loss and will lengthen the life of the drive.
To properly and safely eject the drive:
- Launch Kwilt App.
- Tap on gear at the bottom right corner.
- Tap on 'Manage Sources' and then tap on the gear next to your Kwilt device.
- Tap on the Eject icon (triangle over line) for the appropriate drive you are looking to disconnect.
- Wait for the prompt and tap on 'Safely disconnect'.
- Once the message displaying "USB safely disconnected. You can now unplug it from your Kwilt Device." you can now safely unplug the USB hard drive from your Kwilt.
If you wait longer than 2 minutes to disconnect the drive it will re-mount the drive and you will have to eject again.