You can connect your Kwilt to your desktop PC/Mac through your home network. The Kwilt device is a network device that connects to other computing devices through your home network. The only physical connection is between your USB key or external drive via the USB port, and the Kwilt device.
Watch the videos below or follow the set-by-step guide to find out how to connect your Kwilt to your Mac/PC.
For steps to connect your Kwilt device to a Mac computer:
- Open finder on your Mac.
- Choose 'Go' from the top menu and click on 'Connect to Server'.
- You will get a prompt to type in an address. Type "smb://kwilt" and click Connect.
- Then you will need to enter your username & password you set up with your Kwilt via the app.
- Once this is complete you will see a folder where you can access your hard drive on your Mac.
For steps to connect your Kwilt device to a Windows PC:
- Open 'Files' on your PC and then select 'This PC' at the top.
- At the top of the page select "Computer' and then 'Map Network Drive'.
- A window will appear prompting you to type in the field labeled 'Folder', in this field write: "\\kwilt" and then select "Browse".
- In the Browse folder select "Kwilt", and the drive connected to your Kwilt device. Select 'OK' and then 'Finish'.
- Your drive will now pop up in the sidebar as the name of your hard drive. You can now select the folder to access it!
There is an alternative option to setting this up by replacing '\\kwilt' with your device IP address. We are working on making it possible to retrieve your device IP address on your own however in the meantime, please each out to our support and they can provide you with that IP address.
*If you are having issues with setting up or you run into trouble please reach out to our support team via Chat, Email or Phone.