You can connect your Kwilt to your desktop PC/Mac through your home network or remotely(using the Desktop app).
The public beta of the Desktop App is available to download by anyone from our mykwilt.com website or by clicking the links below!
Once you download, install and login to the Dekstop app you will see two options:
REMOTE ACCESS: Click on the Kwilt device name to open remote explorer. (Outside of wifi of Kwilt; when away from the device)
LOCAL ACCESS: Click on the individual drives to connect to them locally via Samba server. (On same wifi as the Kwilt device)
Map your Kwilt to your network (local access only):
Watch the videos below or follow the set-by-step guide to find out how to connect your Kwilt to your Mac/PC.
Password it will ask for in this process is your Kwilt Device password NOT your Kwilt account password.
For steps to connect your Kwilt device to a Mac computer:
- Open finder on your Mac.
- Choose 'Go' from the top menu and click on 'Connect to Server'.
- You will get a prompt to type in an address. Type "smb://kwilt" or "smb://192.XXX.XX.XXX" and click Connect. Retrieve your own Kwilt device IP address.
- Then you will need to enter your username & password you set up with your Kwilt via the app. If you forgot your password, follow steps in resetting your Kwilt Device password.
- Once this is complete you will see a folder where you can access your hard drive on your Mac.
For steps to connect your Kwilt device to a Windows PC:
- Open 'Files' on your PC and then select 'This PC' at the top.
- At the top of the page select "Computer' and then 'Map Network Drive'.
- A window will appear prompting you to type in the field labeled 'Folder', in this field write: "\\kwilt" OR "\\192.XXX.XX.XXX" < Retrieve your own Kwilt device IP address and then select "Browse".
- In the Browse folder select "Kwilt", and the drive connected to your Kwilt device. Select 'OK' and then 'Finish'. If you forgot your password, follow steps in resetting your Kwilt Device password.
- Your drive will now pop up in the sidebar as the name of your hard drive. You can now select the folder to access it!
If you need to retrieve your own Kwilt device IP address, follow the steps outlined in this video:
You can now retrieve your device IP address on your own by going to https://accounts.kwilt.it/streams. Once you login you will see a settings panel next to your Kwilt device then under 'Network settings' you will see the IP address for either Wifi or Wired depending on how you have your Kwilt device connected.
*If you are having issues with setting up or you run into trouble please reach out to our support team via Chat, Email or Phone.