Yes, this is typically the case for family shared Kwilt devices! Everyone in the family can offload and access their family photos & videos from anywhere and all enjoy the same memories!
Once you have setup your Kwilt device, all family members or friends that you want to have access or offload to the device will need to do the following:
- Download the Kwilt mobile app from the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store.
- Launch the app and tap 'Sign up' to create their own Kwilt account.
- Once the account is created, they will navigate to the gear at the bottom of the app, go to 'Manage Sources' and tap the plus icon at the top right to choose 'Add a Kwilt device'. *They will need to be on the same network as the Kwilt device in order to add the device.*
- Any Kwilt device that has been setup on the network will appear and they will be asked for the device password that was set during initial setup.
- Thats it! They can now access, share and transfer any content to and from the connected drives!
To have users access using their PC or Mac, they will first need to do the above and then do the following:
- Download the Kwilt Desktop app for PC or Mac via our homepage mykwilt.com.
- Once installed, they will sign in using the credentials they created.
- In the Kwilt app, they will be able to connect to the Kwilt device locally via Samba by clicking the 'Open in Finder' or 'Open in Explorer' *they must be on the same network to access this way*.
- For remote viewing when away from the device, they will need to click 'Open in App'. This will launch the Kwilt app remote explorer window and give access to that device. Options via this option are limited to access, download and upload.